Friday, February 28, 2014

I Love Having a Decorated Cubical


It was my birthday this week. Yay! I know a lot of people shy away from celebrations, especially after a certain age, but I say, the older we get, the more we should celebrate! (After all, we will have fewer birthdays left in our life, so I'm all for milking each one for all it's worth!)

Because my colleagues know I have this attitude, they surprised me on Wednesday by decorating my cube with balloons, confetti, a birthday banner, and a painted wine-glass full of chocolates. I remember reading in 1000 Awesome Things a post about how cool it is to have a decorated cube.  It's a great thing to know the people you work with care enough about you to remember your birthday. It was especially nice, too, that my co-workers included chocolates covered in purple foil and a purple wine glass, knowing that purple was my favorite color. A friend also left a bag full of little toys (silly putty, bouncy ball, Slinky, bubbles) knowing that I love that kind of stuff. And I even got a delicious cake from a colleague who's cooking is to die for. I felt so special!

I know this is the 3rd "celebration" in two months that I've mentioned on my Friday "what-I-love-about-my-job" posts, but I can't help it! I guess these celebrations are a big part of what I love about my job! They make me know that I'm among friends...  that I'm working with people who care about me as a person, and not just as a co-worker. When you're around people you enjoy then work doesn't feel like "work"...  it can feel like a party!

No comments:

Post a Comment