Friday, December 19, 2014

Thank someone each day

I've been participating in the #100DaysOfHappiness project.  This project asks that we take a picture each day for 100 days of something that makes us happy.  I'm on day 36, but, admittedly, I have a harder time on work days because a lot of what makes me happy isn't something that one typically takes a picture of.  It makes me happy when I get an email that says, "Good job!" or when someone asks in a meeting, "Yvette, what do you think?" I'm happy when someone says, "Thank you, that really helped me!"  Short of taking photos of emails, it's really hard to capture the jolt of happiness I get when I receive positive, friendly, or helpful communication with colleagues, yet I've determined it's a major contributor to my work happiness.

So, in addition to my picture-taking to complete my #100DaysOfHappiness," I've decided to also thank someone every work day.

Today, I'm thanking Carolyn Nelson.  I haven't met her in person, but she sent out a Newsletter about Agile Coaching -- a topic I'm very interested in.  I asked if we could chat, and not only did she take the time to chat with me, she took the time to introduce me to additional people who have a shared interest.  In the short time I've known her, she has shown a genuine interest in my work and in me. What an awesome feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment